One20’s Privacy Statement
Last updated: September 2016
Your right to privacy is important. At One20 we believe that personal information you choose to furnish online through One20 websites or through the One20 products, services and mobile applications (collectively “Products”) should only be used to help us provide you with the highest quality of products, services and support. We display this Privacy Statement to make you aware of the information practices for One20 websites and Products, including what type of information is gathered and tracked, how the information is used, and with whom the information is shared. We may update our Privacy Statement from time to time to stay current with changes in our business and to better serve you. We encourage you to visit this page frequently to inform yourself of any changes. Your continued use of the One20 websites or Products after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of and consent to those changes.
The websites are operated by One20, Inc. from facilities in the United States. Some of our affiliates, business partners or programs have their own, possibly different, policies. We encourage you to read this Privacy Statement and those of all websites you visit.
This Privacy Statement includes the following sections:
- Consent to Use and Transfer of Personal Data
- Types of Data Collected
- Use of Data
- With Whom We Share Information
- Links to Websites
- Cookies and Options for Controlling Use of Your Personal Information
- How You can Access or Correct Your Information
- How to Contact Us
1. Consent to Use and Transfer of Personal Data
Please note that if you submit personal data through the One20 websites or Products, you will send it to us (One20, Inc.) in the United States. We will collect, store, process and transfer your personal data in accordance with this Privacy Statement but possibly not in accordance with the laws of the jurisdiction in which your reside. By submitting your personal data through the One20 website or Products you consent to One20’s collection, use, storage and transfer of your personal data to our company databases and other repositories, wherever located, for the purposes for which it is submitted and in accordance with the policies set forth in this Privacy Statement.
2.Types of Data Collected
You can browse our website without entering any personal information. Only general, non-personally identifiable information that One20 logs from all site visits, such as Internet service provider, operating system/browser type, and pages accessed, will be collected in those instances. This means that a user’s session will be tracked, but the user will not be individually identified.
We collect, store, process, transmit information and data from and about users of the Products directly from you when you provide it to us and automatically when you download, install or use the Products (including for example, through cookies, web beacons, GPS, Wi-Fi and cell towers).
There are times when we or our business partners (such as our external service providers identified below) may need information from you.
For example, you may choose to give us personal information when you:
- Access or register for access or an account on our websites or Products.
- Purchase Products.
- Register as a user of Products.
- Make requests for materials, customer and other services, and Product support.
- Subscribe to newsletters and online services.
- Enter One20-sponsored contests, sweepstakes and other promotions.
- Participate in and provide ratings, feedback, reviews or other user comment functions.
- Create a user profile to receive future information, special offers and communications.
- Apply to be considered for employment in connection with a job opening at One20.
At such times you may be asked to provide contact and billing information (e.g., your name, address, telephone number, email address, credit card number and expiration date), as well as information about the product or service purchased (e.g., product I.D., serial number, customer number, product version). Demographic or other personal information may also be requested (such as date of birth, information related to your type and nature of employment and other personally identifiable information), however, volunteering such information is optional. By providing the information to One20 you consent to our transfer of this information to our company databases and other repositories, wherever located.
The Products also collect information automatically that is related to or derived from your use of the Products, including but not limited to, your (i) detailed usage of the Products (for example, using Google Analytics to track features used or links or items you click on , device event information, coupons bought and used), (ii) usage and technical information about your mobile device or computer, unique system identifiers that identify your device, system and application software, and peripherals, and (iii) actual location data that tells us where your device is located. If you choose not to permit One20 to use your location data, please note that your Products may not work properly.
We may store or cache data on your mobile device or computer such as:
- Stop events. When your mobile device indicates that you have stopped at a location, that stop event is recorded until the next stop event is identified and recorded.
- Activity log. The Products remember your user credentials (user sign-on and password) for your account for 31 days. If there is no activity during a 31-day period, you will be automatically logged out of your account.
3.Use of Data
One20 uses personal information collected on its websites and through its Products for the purposes for which it is requested or as necessary or permissible under applicable law (e.g., in some jurisdictions we may have to keep invoices under tax laws). Personal information and data is gathered to provide and tailor services to you, perform Product diagnostics and analysis of your usage of the Products, and to provide you with software updates, product support and other services (if any) related to the Products you purchased, downloaded or installed. We also may use the information you provide to notify you later about new developments with respect to the Products you purchased, to inform you about new products, special offers and services offered by One20 or its affiliates (“One20 Affiliated Companies“) or its business partners, or to provide advertising based on your interests from us, One20 Affiliated Companies or our business partners. It is important to note that you may opt out of receiving further information from One20, as discussed in the Choice section below.
We use non-personal information to analyze sales trend data as it relates to geography, time and demographics. You consent to One20’s use of such non-personal information without restriction or other obligation for the purposes of compiling geospatial data about the characteristics of physical locations for its own use and the use of third parties, improving its existing products and services or developing new ones, and/or providing those products and services to you or to its other customers as long as the gathered information and data is in a form that does not include any of your personally identifying information. You agree that One20 may aggregate and anonymize information and data (“Aggregate Data”) and use such Aggregate Data without restriction for any purpose, including selling such Aggregate Data. One20 owns all rights, title and interest, including all intellectual property rights, in and to such Aggregate Data.
In connection with a job application or inquiry advertised on a One20 website, you may provide us with information about yourself, such as a resume or curriculum vitae. We may use this information throughout One20 and the One20 Affiliated Companies for the purpose of employment consideration or your inquiry. Except where you tell us not to, we will keep the information for future consideration.
One20 may retain information and data in compliance with laws and may choose to purge such information and data periodically in its discretion.
By downloading, installing and using the Products you consent to all of the above actions that may be taken by One20 with respect to information and data collected through or in connection with your use of the websites and Products.
4.With Whom We Share Information
In the ordinary course of business One20 will not sell, trade or rent your individual identifying information to others absent your consent to do so. However, One20 may share the personal information and data you provide to One20 with One20 Affiliated Companies and as described below:
- Affiliated Companies and Business Partners. We work together with affiliated companies and business partners who are acting on our behalf for the uses described above. For example, an external service provider listed may host or operate an online One20 service, process credit card transactions, provide website analytics, or offer and transact coupons, advertising and promotions for products and services. When an affiliated company or one of our business partners is involved in a transaction with you, we may share personal identifying information related to this transaction.
- One20 Authorized Dealers and Distributors. We work with and through members of our distribution channel to provide customers and potential customers with product information and customer service. For example, One20 may forward the contact information of a potential customer to a One20-authorized dealer to respond to a customer inquiry about One20 Products. Or One20 may forward such contact information to enable a One20-authorized dealer to furnish customers with a product updates. One20 requires that its dealers and distributors keep confidential any personal data of customers or potential customers disclosed to them.
- Agents. We use agents to act on our behalf. For example, agents may fulfill orders, provide support, or organize sweepstakes. Agents are only given access to the information necessary to perform their functions and One20 requires that its agents keep confidential any personal identifying information disclosed to them.
- Mergers and Reorganizations. In the event of a corporate reorganization, such as a merger, acquisition or sale or transfer of assets by One20 outside the normal course of business, customer information may be transferred to third parties.
5. Links to Websites
Please note that our websites contain links to other sites. When you access a third party’s website, even one that may contain the One20 logo and content regarding One20’s products and services, please understand that the website is independent of One20. We do not control the privacy policies of any third party sites. If you click-through a banner ad or link to a third party site and submit your information, you will be subject to the privacy policies of those third parties. We assume no responsibility or liability for any third party policies or the actions of third parties. A link to a third-party website is not an endorsement.
One20 will not share personal identifying information provided to us online except as stated above without allowing you the opportunity of consenting to or opting out of such disclosures. When you place an order for One20 products, register as a user of One20 products, services or promotions, or when you submit a user profile you are given the opportunity of notifying us as to whether you would like to receive future information, special offers and communications via email. All unsolicited email marketing and promotional communications contain an opportunity for you to decline future communications. Additionally, at any time you can opt-out of receiving such further information from One20 by sending your opt-out request to email@example.com. One20 will use its best efforts to comply promptly with all such requests.
7. Cookies and Options for Controlling Use of Your Personal Information
You should be aware that if you voluntarily disclose personal information online in a public area, such information can be collected and used by others. We do not control the actions of our visitors and registered users. If you disclose personal information in a review, bulletin board or any other publicly accessible portion of a One20 website, you do so at your own risk and you understand that your submitted information may be collected and used by others to send you unsolicited messages or advertisements, or for other purposes. Please remember that protection of your privacy begins with you. You are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any password you use, and you should always be careful and responsible whenever disclosing information online. Although we will use commercially reasonable efforts to safeguard the privacy of your personal information, transmissions made by means of the Internet cannot be made absolutely secure. One20 assumes no liability for the disclosure of data due to errors in transmission or actions of unauthorized third parties. One20 cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our services.
8. How You Can Access Or Correct Your Information
You can access or ask for corrections of your personally identifiable information that we collect and maintain in retrievable form by following this procedure:
1. Contact One20’s Privacy Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide a detailed message explaining your request including:
- Full contact information (your name, street address, e-mail address, telephone number)
- Details of the request (e.g. change of e-mail address, unsubscribe from a newsletter, review of personal information, etc.). Please be very specific about the concerns that led to your request.
2. To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to information or making corrections.
3. We do not place frequency or fee limits on your ability to access your information, however we reserve the right to decline unreasonable requests for information access and correction. If this right is exercised, we will inform you about the reasons for which your request is declined and explain to you a dispute resolution process should you wish to use it.
4. If the information to which access is requested is not maintained in retrievable form, we will explain why access cannot be provided and how this type of information is collected and used.
5. If the information to which access is requested is maintained in retrievable form, we will respond to your request within ten working days. Access to the information will be provided in the form of disclosure and will not involve your direct access to our data repositories, on-line or off-line.
9. How to Contact Us
If you have requests or questions in connection with this Privacy Statement you may contact us at email@example.com.